Conway, Ark. - The CBC Mustangs hosted the Martin Methodist in a doubleheader at Victory Field on Saturday. The Mustangs split with the Red Hawks dropping the first game 5-1 and winning the second, 3-0.
In the first game, Martin Methodist jumped out early with four runs in the first inning. CBC would respond with one in the second inning on a score by Connor Tatum (SO/Bryant, AR) after a hit from Ben Madison (SO/Benton, AR).
GAME ONE (1-5) by the numbers:
- Ben Madison went 2-2, 1 RBI
- Josh Hibbard (SR/Munford, TN) went 2-3
- Nash Nichols (JR/Conway, AR) went 2-3
- Brian Moreno (JR/La Victoria, Venezuela) would be charged with the loss in six innings of work. Moreno gave up four runs on six hits, walked none and struck out 11
Ben Madison struck out 16 and pitched a no-hitter as the Mustangs got runs early and watched Madison shut the Red Hawks down. In the first, Martin Methodist walked Monterio May (SR/Helican, AL)s and Nash Nichols got a hit before Santez Richardson (SR/Donalsonville, GA) doubled to score them both. Richardson would go 2-3 and would drive in all three Mustangs runs on two doubles.
GAME TWO (3-0) by the numbers:
- Santez Richardson went 2-3, 3 RBI
- Nash Nichols went 1-3, 2R
- Ben Madison pitched seven no-hit innings striking out 16 and walking two.
UP NEXT: The Mustangs host Columbia College on February 24-25 in opening American Midwest Conference play. Fridays' single game will begin at 1:00pm with Saturday's doubleheader beginning at noon.
Follow CBC Baseball with links in the scoreboard to live stats and video (when available) at www.cbcmustangs.com