Lebanon, Tenn. - The Central Baptist Lady Mustangs traveled to Cumberland University to play a non-conference doubleheader on Monday. It was the first time in a week that weather had permitted CBC on the field. The Cumberland Phoenix prevailed 7-4, 3-2.
In the first game, Cumberland scored first in the bottom of the first. The Lady Mustangs answered in the top of the second inning. CBC went ahead 4-3 in the third inning before three runs in the bottom of the fourth inning gave the Phoenix a lead they would not give up.
GAME One (4-7) by the Numbers:
- Raquel Westerman (SR/Galveston, TX) went 3-3, 1R, 2 RBI
- Hunter Clark (JR/Sheridan, AR) went 2-4, 1R, 1 RBI
- Rachel Lawson (FR/Kokomo, IN) went the distance as was charged with the loss. She allowed seven runs in six innings, 2 walks as she struck out one.
Cumberland scored three in the first inning on three infield hits before CBC's Kymberlie House (FR/Jacksonville, AR) shut the door. The Lady Mustangs scored twice in the fourth on hits by Rachel Lawson and Rachel Jones to draw CBC close and left two on base to end the inning. House went the whole way for CBC allowing just three runs on 11 hits in six innings with 2 walks and striking out four.
GAME Two (2-3) by the Numbers:
- Rachel Jones went 2-3
- Caley Perry (SR/Searcy, AR) went 1-3, 1 RBI
- Rachel Lawson went 1-3, 1R
- Cali Langford went 1-3
UP NEXT: The Lady Mustangs travel to Bethel University (Tenn) on (Tues) March 28th for a doubleheader starting at 2:00 pm.
Follow CBC Softball with links in the scoreboard to live stats and video (when available) at www.cbcmustangs.com