Conway, Ark. – Central Baptist College hosted Crowley's Ridge College on Tuesday in a non-conference doubleheader originally scheduled for Paragould, Ark. Recent rains had rendered the Pioneer's field unplayable. CBC won both games 7-6, 25-1.
In the first game, the Mustangs spotted Crowley's a run in the first inning and then scored in the second and third innings to take a 4-1 lead. The Pioneers tied the game in the sixth inning at six after two singles and two doubles moved CRC around the bases. The Mustangs' Aaron Kincaid (SR/Prairie Grove, AR) shut down Crowley's Ridge in the seventh to set up a Central Baptist rally. Austin Kuchinski (SO/Powder Springs, GA) doubled and L'Donta Howard (SO/Foreman, AR) singled to put two on board. Andre Ruche (SO/Miami, FL), pinch hitting for Ben Madison (SO/Benton, AR), got a hit toward second base hat scored Cody Duffey (FR/Corinth, TX) (pinch running for Kuchinski) to give CBC the victory.
Game one (7-6) by the Numbers:
- Austin Kuchinski went 3-4
- Santez Richardson (SR/Donalsonville, GA) went 2-4, 1R, 2 RBI
- Monterio May (SR/Helican, AL) went 2-4, 2R
- L'Donta Howard went 2-4, 1 RBI
- Gunner Allen (SR/Maumelle, AR) pitched five innings giving up five runs on ten hits, walking one and striking out four.
- Aaron Kincaid picked up the win.
CBC pounded the Pioneers in the second game amassing 20 hits in the game with nine coming in the first inning. Central Baptist scored 12 runs as Crowley's Ridge did not commit an error in the inning. CBC began to play the dugout in the top of the second inning as the Mustangs were in complete control. Dylan Crossley (SO/Little Rock, AR) picked up the win in five innings of work. Crossley allowed one run on two hits and struck out seven. Ryan McCullough (JR/Maumelle, AR) closed out the final two innings and did not give up any hits or runs, walked three and struck out one.
Game two (25-1) by the Numbers:
- Austin Kuchinski went 4-6, 1R, 7 RBI
- Santez Richardson went 2-3, 5R
- Jalin Lawson (SR/Troy, AL) and Monterio May went 2-2
- Percy Arnold (SO/White Hall, AR) went 2-4, 2R, 3 RBI
- 13 Mustangs got hits in the game
UP NEXT: The Mustangs travel to Lindenwood-Bellville for an AMC series March 31 and April 1. The Friday game is slated to begin at 4:00 pm, while the doubleheader on Saturday will begin at noon.
Follow CBC Baseball with links in the scoreboard to live stats and video (when available) at www.cbcmustangs.com