Conway, Ark. – The CBC Lady Mustangs hosted the Lindenwood-Belleville Lynx on Saturday in American Midwest College action. Central Baptist fell to the Lynx in both games of the doubleheader, 7-8, 4-14.
Lindenwood-Belleville's Taylor Winn homered in the eighth inning to take the extra inning contest. CBC led 5-4 before the Lynx took the lead in the seventh, 7-5. The Lady Mustangs answered in the seventh to tie it up.
Game one (7-8) by the Numbers:
- Alyssa Estrada (FR/Houston, TX) 3-4, 1R, 1 RBI
- Raquel Westerman (SR/Galveston, TX) 2-3, 1R, 1 RBI
- Rachael Jones (FR/Conway, AR) 2-4, 1R
Lindenwood-Bellville exploded with six runs in each the fourth and fifth innings to run rule CBC. The Lynx scored two in the first inning and the Lady Mustangs answered with three runs to take the lead 3-2. Cali Lankford (SO/Perryville, AR) was charged with the loss giving up 14 runs on 17 hits, walking two and striking out four in 4.2 innings of work.
Game two (4-14) by the Numbers:
- Hunter Clark (JR/Sheridan, AR) 2-2, 2R
- Kaylee St. John (SO/Conway, AR) 1-2, 1R, 1 RBI
- Alyssa Estrada 1-3, 2 RBI
- Whitney Wade (SR/Vilonia, AR) 1-2, 1 RBI
UP NEXT: The Lady Mustangs travel to No. 19 Williams Baptist for an AMC doubleheader April 4th and back home to host Stephens College on the 7th. Both doubleheaders are slated to begin at 2:00 pm.
Follow CBC Softball with links in the scoreboard to live stats and video (when available) at www.cbcmustangs.com