Springfield, Mo. (Aug. 29, 2017) – In a wild game that saw three yellow cards and a red card, the Central Baptist College Mustang men's soccer team fought to a scoreless draw at halftime. Two late Evangel (2-1) goals put CBC down 2-0 before Callum Morris (SR/Leicester, England) responded to cut the lead in half; unfortunately, the Mustangs (0-3) were unable to come all the way back dropping the match 2-1.
Morris' goal came in the 83rd minute on an assist from Corey Laisure (SR/Alexander, Ark.) and gave CBC new life. However, Evangel starting goalkeeper Josiah Dinwiddie was up to the task and prevented a tying goal from entering the net.
- Morris' goal was his first of the season and the second for the team (Nestor Moguel (SR/Conway, Ark.))
- Laisure's assist was his first of the season
- Sam Collins (FR/Cape Town, South Africa) did not have a shot attempted against him before he was substituted in the 51st minute
- Joel Brown (SO/Conway, Ark.) made his first career save.
- Julio Quezada gave Evangel the lead in the 76th minute
- Kyler Moore scored the second goal in the 82nd minute
- Dinwiddie made one save
- Evangel outshot CBC 11-7 and had five corner kicks to CBC's four
The Mustangs get some time off before returning to the pitch on Sept. 9 against the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville. Kickoff for that match is slated for 3:30 p.m.