Pine Bluff, Ark. (Aug. 29, 2017) – Riding an early season four-match winning streak, the Central Baptist Mustang volleyball team went into the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff with a lot of confidence. However, the young Mustangs (4-1) were overwhelmed by the Golden Lions (1-3), dropping the match 3-0 (25-17, 25-23, 25-13)
Kelsy Knox (SO/Barling, Ark.) was the CBC leader in kills, but no Mustang broke into double digits in that category.
- Knox registered eight kills to lead the team for the first time this season
- Madelyn Black (FR/Hattiesburg, Miss.) was the assist leader, notching 15 in the category
- Lenee Gibson (SR/Webb City, Mo.) had 15 digs for CBC to pace them in that category
- CBC was outhit in the match .253 to .089
GOLDEN LION NOTES
- Kaitlyn Hapke paced UAPB with nine kills
- Britney Sahlman led everyone with 22 assists
- Jade Sanlin had a leading 12 digs
The Mustangs return to the court on Friday for the first day of the Philander Smith Classic in Little Rock. CBC will take on Texas College at 2 p.m. before matching up with in-state and AMC rival Williams Baptist at 4 p.m.