Conway, Ark. (Sept. 12, 2017) – Searching for continued improvement this season, the Central Baptist College volleyball team took the court against Crowley's Ridge College tonight for the third of five straight home matches for the Mustangs. CBC (7-4) got off to a slow start, but still finished with a 3-0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-11) sweep of the Pioneers (2-6).
Sarah Clemmons (FR/Bryant, Ark.) was the CBC kills leader again, while Hope Johnson (SO/Rogers, Ark.) poster her first career double-double, the second of the season for the Mustangs, and Lenee Gibson (SR/Webb City, Mo.) led the way in assists. CBC also outhit CRC .343 to .084, playing outstanding defense again.
- Clemmons' 15 kills in 26 attacks gave her a hitting percentage of .385
- Hope Johnson set a season and career high with 39 assists and finished with 10 digs for the double-double
- Gibson's 19 digs helped the Mustang defensive effort
- Madelyn Black (FR/Hattiesburg, Miss.) had a season best 11 kills and hit .526 for the match
- Ashley Pyeatt led the way with six kills
- Maggie Brooks posted a double-double, leading CRC with 13 assists and 12 digs
- Kerri Love had 11 digs additionally
The Mustangs open American Midwest Conference play on Thursday night when they play host to the 11th-ranked Spartans of Missouri Baptist. First serve is set for 6 p.m. at Reddin Fieldhouse.