Conway, Ark. (Sept. 28, 2017) – Playing their first home match in thirteen days, the Central Baptist College volleyball team returned to the court tonight looking to put an end to a two match losing streak against American Midwest Conference rival Hannibal-LaGrange. The Trojans (4-14, 1-2 AMC) would take the first two sets and the final set, beating the Mustangs (8-8, 1-4 AMC), 3-2 (21-25, 19-25, 25-21, 25-20, 9-15).
Despite the loss, Emily Harp (FR/Harrison, Ark.) set a career high in kills, while Hope Johnson (SO/Rogers, Ark.) posted another double-double and Lenee Gibson (SR/Webb City, Mo.) led four Mustangs with double digits in digs. The Maupin sisters, Shelby and Claire, led the way for the Trojans, who extended CBC's losing streak to three.
- Harps 17 kills were the best of her career (15 vs. Southwestern (Kan.)
- Johnson had 39 assists and 11 digs for her second double-double of the season
- Gibson posted 20 digs for the second time this season
- CBC had seven service aces in the match
- Shelby Maupin had 24 kills and hit .426 in the match
- Claire Maupin posted a double-double with 41 assists and 16 digs
- Hannah Killian had a team-best 22 digs
The Mustangs get some time off before their next match, when they head back to the road to face in-state AMC rival Lyon College on Oct. 7. First serve is scheduled for 1 p.m.