Conway, Ark. (Oct 7, 2017) – With nine members and the head coach of the 2007 men's soccer National Christian College Athletic Association central regional championship team in attendance, the men's soccer team took the pitch against American Midwest Conference opponent Lindenwood-Belleville. The Mustangs (2-9, 2-3 AMC) took an early lead in the 24th minute and added another goal later in the first half and cruised to a 4-1 victory over the Lynx (1-7-2, 1-3-2 AMC).
Thomas Milner (SR/Derby, England ) opened the scoring for CBC and Nestor Moguel (SR/Conway, Ark.) added a goal as well in the first half. Joe Adkins (SR/Searcy, Ark.) would score just after the start of the second half on a ball that was misplayed by the keeper to make 3-0 in the 50th minute. Lindenwood-Belleville would cut the lead to 3-1 four minutes later, but Callum Morris (SR/Leicester, England) put the wraps on the match with a chipped goal from just outside the box in the 81st minute to bring the score to its final margin
- Sam Collins (FR/Cape Town, South Africa) finished with two saves for CBC
- Milner's goal was his second of the season
- Moguel also scored his second goal
- Adkins netted his first goal of the season
- Morris' goal extended his team-leading total to four
- Oscar Marquez (SR/Perris, Calif.) posted two assists which gives him three on the season
- Theron Durham (SO/Sacramento, Calif.) notched his first assist of the year
- Joan Carlos Perez made one save
- Garza's goal was his third of the season to extend his team lead
The Mustangs are back on the road in AMC play on Oct. 10, when they travel to St. Louis to face the Hornets of Harris-Stowe State. Kickoff is slated for 3 p.m.